Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm on restriction!

Hubby put me on restriction a last week! I told him I was going to bring it here for my fellow knitters to discuss and try to explain to him why this is cruel and unusual. He has limited me to a total of 5 projects at one time...that I have purchased the yarn. Did you notice that very important bold I? That is my only loophole, I'm allowed to have as many projects as I want going or even in planning stages as long as I'm not the one who purchased the yarn.

This is cruel and unusual punishment for a stash whore like myself. I've been doing really well buying yarn with projects in mind for a while now, before I was just buying yarn because I thought it was pretty and then would end up with not enough to do the project that I finally decided on a year or so later.

What do you think? Is this something I should be ok with or is this cruel and unusual treatment that we should take to knitters court?

3 comments:

Tracy Purtscher said...

Sorry Darlin' I'm not going to step into a rules-under-this-roof discussion...BUT...you do have yet another loophole as I see it. Find another stash whore and you buy her stuff and have her buy yours, thus the yarn your will be getting is not yarn you paid for! Ta Da!

PS if you can't find another stash mongrel and the above plan puts too fine a point on it, find somebody who needs groceries...you buy her groceries, she buys the yarn. Everybody has got to knit...ur...um...eat.

Knitting Linguist said...

I like Tracy's subversive ideas :) Also, if your husband, like mine, likes something like say, beer, or bike gear, maybe a concomitant restriction should be on the books?

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

There is a great solution devised especially for situations like this. It's called stash swapping or care packages or whatever. I send you some yarn, you send me something you're sick of. You immediately cast on for a new project, husband can't complain.

And only FIVE projects at a time? Come on husband of hers, that's hardly reasonable! Did they limit Rembrandt to five canvases? Michelangelo to five ceilings?