1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I have not found any fibers that I absolutely hate. I have had one skein of superwash merino that was just awful but that is an exception because most of my superwash merino has been really great. I'm always interested in trying new fibers or brands that I haven't tried before.
I am currently gathering yarn to work on 2 different afghans that are going to be long term projects. I'm making the Shelly Kang Sock Yarn Blankie and am always in need of leftover sock yarn. I'm also wanting to make the Lizard Ridge Afghan and have been hinting that I need lots of Noro Kureyon.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now I keep my needles in a giant coffee cup because I don't have anything else. I have a set of interchangeable circs that I keep in the case they came in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since 2003 I think. I took a class while I was living in New Jersey and then put the needles down again when I moved back to Texas. I picked it back up again in 2005 and have been nonstop ever since. I would consider myself intermediate because I love to do socks and am learning lace but have never done a sweater though there is at least 1 on the needles right now.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have a wishlist on Amazon list under my name and also I believe it can be looked up by my email address. I also have one at The Loopy Ewe and there is a link to that on my blog.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I think right now it is Japanese Cherry Blossom but I can't say that I have a definite favorite. I love all kinds of different scents. I'll have to think more about this one and get back to you.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
My favorite is caramel. I don't like fruit flavored candy very much and I really can't stand marshmellow.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm a craftoholic. I like to create my own jewelry, make cards, stamp, and scrapbook. I am still learning how to spin am so far am not very good at it. Someday I'd like to have a wheel but for now I use the one at my LYS when I am there.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to everything except religious music. My listening style on my iPod upsets my husband because he can't understand how I can go from something soft to something techno. I just love the shuffle feature and refuse to put music into a bunch of categories.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
These days my favorites seem to be purple, teal, blue, green, pink and red. I've never met a color that I didn't like. (except maybe puke green or baby poo brown/green)
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 1 cat (Shelby), 1 small dog (Ellie), 1 giant dog (Aristotle) and 1 wonderful husband (Jason).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Well I live in Phoenix so those things are unnecessary but I do have a small collection of scarves from when I first started knitting. And I do have plans to make a few hats...sun hats come in handy around here. I gave up ponchos a couple years ago.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It seems I've always got a pair of socks going. And right now I'm signed up for more than one Shawl KAL. And I love to knit purses.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Currently on my needles are 2 pair of socks, 1 purse, 1 lace shawl, and 1 sweater that is hibernating because it is boring garter stitch.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely! What kind of crafty person doesn't?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I don't have a preference really. I always use aluminum for my socks and I love addi turbos for lace. Other than that, I have dreams of having complete sets of KnitPicks Harmony interchangeables and Denise plastic interchangeables.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I do have a yarn winder but do not have a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably 6 months. I've had a Noro purse just waiting for handles and seaming since January I think.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas - I love to be spoiled and since I collect snowmen, it is the only time they are displayed.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
snowmen, Jim Shore Tinkerbell figurines, antique tea cups, Precious Moments (non-religious only)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Most books I'm hoping for are on my Amazon wishlist, I'd love get my hands on some Wollmeise and some Malabrigo sock yarn. I'm looking forward to increasing my collection of addi lace turbo needles, KnitPicks Harmony wood needles and Denise interchangeables.
I have subscriptions to Creative Knitting and Interweave Knits...but I'm a magazine collector so I buy several others at the bookstore whenever I can sneak them past my hubby.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn to do fair isle, intarsia and knit with beads.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
By now, you know I am. I wear a ladies size 6. Heel to toe measures: 8 inches. Circumference measures: 8.5 inches
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Ravelry ID is knitnthat