Monday, October 27, 2008

1st Annual Pumpkin Carving

First let me say I am sorry that there hasn't been much posting going on around here lately, but I've been a little distracted. Not that it's all that good of a reason but the hubby and I have started playing World of Warcraft again. The last week hubby was off for vacation and since we couldn't afford to go anywhere we kind of holed up at home and played a lot of WoW.

Last weekend, to kick off vacation we initiated a new tradition in our household. Growing up my family never carved pumpkins and it just sounded like so much fun that we decided to start a new tradition. So while out shopping I found the perfect little pumpkin and this is what we came up with.....

Pre-carving drawing:


cleaning out the pumpkin:



(obviously NOT my favorite part and never again to be my job)

And finally, the end result:



And, the biggest reason I haven't been around this past week...the reason for the vacation...


We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. And our 4th year together on Thursday.

~~~~

I promise not to be gone so long again. Next time I'll tell you about our trip to Sedona for a friend's wedding!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

Knitting Linguist said...

Congratulations! Both on the anniversary, and on the start of a family tradition :)