Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin!

Jason and I are moving to Arizona in just 11 short days. That means that not only are we getting ready for Christmas - buying presents, knitting and beading - we are also packing.

Friday was my last day at work. I am/was a nanny to and adorable ray of sunshine, Tootie. She is almost 2 years old, walking or running everywhere, getting into everything, and just generally being a toddler. She is still learning to talk and 2 weeks ago said she loved me for the very first time and I cried myself to sleep knowing how much I'm going to miss her.

Yesterday I packed up my closet, shoes and all. Let me tell you, packing the clothes was really no big deal, most of it doesn't fit me anyway or still has the tags on it so unpacking is going to be like shopping! But packing up all my shoes was HARD to do! It was a bit like shoe shopping at first because I got to see so many of them that I didn't remember I had, but I didn't get to try them on. After that was done, I did what any other shoe addicted woman would do - I went right out and bought 2 more pair!! :)

I'm not sure what we are packing today, Jason has already started though. (hopefully I can hide so I won't have to anything but knit, I'm a better supervisor than packer) Don't get me wrong, I do my part, but packing overwhelms me and I kind of panic. Jason is really good at just making a list of what needs to be done by when and he can stick to it...so it kind of works out. I just pack up whatever he tells me or rather, he asks me what I'm keeping and then he packs it or I throw it out.

I am really excited about the move, it's going to be my first time as a homeowner. I'm already decorating it in my mind. I can't wait to get there and start really making it ours. Of course I'll post pics along the way so you can all make the journey from madness to "home" with me! But until that day comes...

we countdown!

No comments: