Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Post Valentine's Day


These are what greeted me when I woke up LATE yesterday morning. OL had placed them on the kitchen table with a card...and so started my treasure hunt around the house. Each note he left clued me in on where to go next. Along the way, I was asked out to dinner, found a brand new pink iPod Nano in my sock yarn stash, and found a great garnet ring. Does anyone wonder why I love that man?

As mentioned I got up late, that's because I spent 2 nights in a row up until all hours working on his surprise. I had no idea that it was going to take so long to trace, cut and glue everything.


So outside of all of these lovey dovey things, it's been a busy week. Tuesday was OL's birthday and we had to celebrate in style. We always joke that we are nothing but overgrown kids and it certainly showed at his party. His folks both called and asked what we were planning and since I had expected him to be out of town this week I hadn't planned anything. So a last minute party was created when they both wanted to come over. (it's the first time in years they've been close enough to spend his birthday with him) I headed over to the store and picked up some simple party supplies in the cutest puppy motif I've ever seen. His dad makes a mean cheesecake so I didn't worry about that and we had ourselves a nice little pizza party for the 34 year old birthday boy.

His favorite toy? Why this of course...


And in knitting news....
I have no pictures but there has been knitting. I've made some progress on the Simple Shrug but not much. I did finally find some more yarn to finish it with so I won't feel like I'm wasting my time on a project that can never be finished. I've finally cast on for my 9 to 5 socks for the Loopy KAL on Ravelry They have been a really great knit for car rides and I took them along for coffee with a fellow raveler.

There has also been purse knitting. I'm really excited about this one because it's the first time I've used Noro yarn. I'll have pics of everything soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Happy valentine's day, and happy birthday! It sounds like you guys had a great week (I love the treasure hunt idea!) :)