I finally got the camera all charged up again so I can post pics. I finished the first of my tube socks, only to find out that they are just a tad small. Thankfully, I have plenty of yarn left over to make a pair the correct size without frogging.
I've also made some progress on my Simple Shrug. I'm about 10" into the back so only 9-10" left to go.
There has also been spinning, thanks to Rabbitch. Unfortunately I don't have pics of the yarn, only the roving, but I'm sure you can imagine how lovely (and I use that term loosely) a first time spinners yarn turned out.
I'm using an Ashford Joy to spin with and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't quite gotten my rhythm yet but practice makes perfect. After I've got the hang of it, I'll have to start saving to get my own Ashford. For now, my LYS is graciously allowing me to try out all of theirs. I'm having a really hard time curbing the desire to buy tons of roving!